Sunday, March 30, 2008

Here And There

The fund-raising season got started last night in Nevada County with the Laneburg VFD's hamburger supper and cake auction. Of course all the political candidates got to have a say, and a nice crowd from the area was there to take it in. Virtually all the cakes were bought by the politickers, (I paid $200 for a coconut) and Laneburg raised over $2,000.00 for their department. Good night of fun, and in my opinion, money well spent.

My seat-mate and good friend Representative Steve Harrelson's blog, Under the Dome, was chosen as one of the best political blogs in the country by the Washington Post. A well deserved honor and I agree whole-heartedly. Congrats Steve.

I'm heading to Little Rock in the morning as the legislature will convene at noon for the called Special Session. Everything I'm hearing says we should be done by Wednesday, and that is fine with me. Although I look forward to my first extraordinary session, everybody will be well served for us to be efficient and to the point. I expect everything to run smoothly, but you never know for sure how the world turns at the Capitol.

No comments: