Thursday, March 27, 2008

Crackberry

Everybody who has one of those wildly popular blackberry thing-a-ma-jigs, swears to me that they don't know how they made it without one. I for one believe them, because when I began walking the Capitol halls, everyone seemed to be staring at their hands for an inordinate amount of time. I finally figured out that it wasn't fingernail hygiene they were concerned with, but the highly addictive qualities of the blackberry technology. Now I'm the first to say that technology is a wonderful thing--- if you know how to use it. But sad to say, I'm not a techno-wizard. In fact, unless the blackberry people come up with a rotary dial for it, I doubt that I'll ever be able to use one. Having said all that, I did decide to come into this century, and I bought a blackberry yesterday. As you probably can imagine, I haven't learned how to e-mail, text or get on the web. Although I did place a successful phone call to my wife. We were both very proud that I made it that far. So if you see me in the halls of the Capitol, staring at my hand, I'm probably just checking my fingernails.

No comments: