Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Politics and Football

I will be in Little Rock on Thursday to attend a house caucus that will basically be a housecleaning session during the interim. There was talk of an amendment to the ethics rules in the House and now it appears that will not be presented at this time. There were a few legitimate concerns with changing the rules regarding lobbyist, but I didn't have any huge problems with the proposal and most likely would have voted for the change. It certainly would have created an uneven playing field with the Senate as far as ethics responsibility goes, but I'm in favor of showing voters a good faith effort in the House to promote ethics reform. It's a moot point now, but will surely surface again in 2009.

I'll be staying over to attend the Legislative Council meeting on Friday morning. Afterwards, I'll be hustling back to Hope to call the Hope-Fairview game for the TV station. I'm looking forward to seeing the 3 razorback commitments who play for Fairview. I saw them play last year and was particularly impressed with running back, DeAnthony Curtis, who I believe is the best player in the state. Sounds like a fun way to start the week-end.

No comments: