Monday, October 22, 2007

Black Tie Affair

I've been to quite a few fire department fundraisers since I started down the political road and have always thought each one provided its' own unique flair. But the one I attended in Old Washington last Saturday night, pretty much tops the chart for being one of a kind. The black tie event with dinner provided, offered big band swing music and a concert by country singer, Johnny Lee. Senator Jim Hill and wife Charlotte, Representative Steve and Lori Harrelson, Representative Scott Sullivan and date Christie McQueen, along with Vigi and myself, filled out our table and we couldn't have had more fun. Best of all was the $43,000 raised for the Fire Department. What an unbelievable amount and night it was. Although, here's hoping I don't have to break out the tux for all my VFD's. But it's on the ready if needed.

No comments: