Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Settled In

As we wait for the filed legislation to wind it's way to the appropriate committee, things are as slow as it will ever be around here. I'll have my first Judiciary meeting on Thursday, and probably Aging and Children on Friday. Both will simply be organizational in nature and the real work starts next week. We will adjourn on Friday and it looks as if we won't convene again until Wednesday the 21st. The MLK holiday, along with the inauguration proceedings will keep the chamber dark until then. So I'll be in Hope a few days to relax a bit and try to catch up on things at work. Although it's certainly possible I might end up at Oaklawn on one of those days. By the way, I gave out as many racing passes as possible before I left town, but if anyone needs passes in or around Hope, you can call my wife, Vigi at 777-4544 and she'll take care of you.

No comments: