Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Announcement

Someone called me last week and said they heard I wasn't going to run for re-election. Nothing could be further from the truth, and I want to put that rumor to rest. I' ll be making my formal announcement in a few days. There isn't any particular reason whyI haven't announced, other than I believe the process starts too early. If someone decides they want to run against me, then I doubt my announcing weeks ago would hold anyone off. I want to say that I am honored to be one of Arkansas's 100 State Representatives, and I am proud of the many accomplishments of the 86th general assembly. The 2009 session is just around the corner, and I want to continue learning and working as a state legislator. So I look forward to all the upcoming fire department fund-raisers, and everything else involved with the campaign season. I just think most folks don't want to fool with it before the time is right.

No comments: