Sunday, July 22, 2007

Another Memorable Carnoustie

You don't see that headline very often. I'm speaking of the famed course in Scotland that hosted this years British Open. They just call it the Open Championship across the pond. I've made it known that there are few things I'd rather do than settle in for a good major championship; and in many ways the British is my favorite. The play-off between Padraig Harrington and Sergio Garcia really capped a great four day championship. You have to love the unpredictable weather, deep bunkers, undulating fairways and of course the gorse. If you don't know about gorse, then you haven't watched enough British Opens. As I've said before, there's nothing better than a hot cup of coffee and a soft recliner on that Sunday morning when the Open Championship comes around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Honour,
I do know how you American Chaps like to poke fun at someone, but I must take offense at your misspelling of our famed golf club, CARNOUSTIE. Please correct at your earliet convenience.
Thank your for your interest in our game.
Sincerely,
Queen Elizabeth

David "Bubba" Powers said...

My Dearest Queen,
I sincerely apologize to the crown and the home of such a grand old game. I should have known better than to ask Jean Van de Velde the correct spelling.